Thursday, August 14, 2008

We love Florida!

Well, we did it! First we drove to Austin to visit all of Josh's family last Wed. night. We had so much fun! My mom-in-law got my sister in law Summer and me pedicures (thanks again Pam!!), and we took our kids and 2 cousins (and Pam) to the Austin Children's Museum. It was fun! Definitely not the omniplex, but it was nice for a couple of hours of entertainment for the kiddos. We really enjoy visiting all of our family down there--and miss them so much between the visits!!
Then, at ~4 am Friday morning, we packed up and headed out to Panama City Beach, Florida!! I made Josh stop at every visitor's center for each state we went through to take pictures. He didn't want to be in them, but I promise he was there!! We also stopped in every state and got each kid a key chain with the state name on it so they can remember where all they've been. It added some time to the trip, but I think it was worth it! The kids were SO good in the car! I was so proud of them for their great behavior--I knew it could go either way--but I'm so happy it turned out nice.
Here are the state signs on our way to FL:

Can you tell how happy we are to FINALLY be in Florida??
And, we had to go to the beach that night...found crabs, shells, and got a little wet in the ocean.
There will be much more to come!!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

awesome!

The Best Family said...

YAY!! Glad you had a great trip... Micah kept asking all day, do you think Dustin is in Florida yet, or is he still in the car?! :o) I love the idea of stopping for all the state signs! You are such a fun momma!!

Nicole said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

kj said...

I love the pictures by the signs, those are great!!

jenn b said...

I am so happy that your roadtrip went well. We used to drive to California with another family every other year growing up. It was a blast and I still love roadtrips!! Unfortunately I married someone who does not and so far Kyler's taking after him!