Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The BIG first day of school!!

Well, I have to pause in my vacation posting to add a post in here today....it is the first day of school--for ALL of my children! I never thought this day was actually going to happen! Dustin is in 3rd grade, Jodee is in Kindergarten, and Dylan is in Pre-K. WOW--I have a full 2.5 hours to myself everyday! What in the world am I going to do?

I didn't get sad like a lot of other mom's, maybe because I've been through this a few times. But I 'm so excited for my kids to enter into another phase of their lives---school! I know they will love it, and love their teacher's, and have fun, and learn a lot!

I drove them to Orvis Risner this morning because it was a little rainy outside today. Bummer! We love walking to school. We walked Dustin to the front of the school and said a quick bye--he was ready to go!

Then, I walked the other two around to the pre-k and Kindergarten side of the school. We took Jodee to her class first, and being the big girl that she is, she went right in and found her place!! I watched for a minute from the doorway and we gave each other a thumbs up sign, and that was that. Too sweet.... Then, on to Dylan's classroom! We did what we were supposed to do--find his cubby, hang up his back pack, and find his spot around the circle, and listened to the sweet tear-jerker of a story "The Kissing Hand", and exchanged heart stickers (well, he didn't really want his, so I ended up with 2!), and I was out of there. So happy for him to have a good teacher and a good school to go to. They are growing up!

I enjoyed my time...got a little cleaning done, but not much. It was weird being home alone...but okay. It was only two and a half hours!! Check back with me in a couple of years when Dylan starts 1st grade and I'm home alone ALL day! That may be a totally different story!
Here are the kiddos in their choice of clothing for the first day...yes, those are "sleeves" on Jodee--came with her Hannah Montana shirt!And, showing off their backpacks:
And the ritual--the pic in front of the marquee! It looks like Dylan's backpack is heavy huh? It's not...he's just standing funny! Well, it was a great day so far. I walked to pick up Jodee and Dylan and we went to sonic with the Bailey's to talk about their exciting first day! Can't wait to see Dustin!

2 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

hey i think monica is in dustins class this year does he have mrs sullins?

kj said...

WOW! That's great!!!!! You haven't had 2.5 hours alone since before Dustin was born! HA HA