Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dylan's a winner!

We always do the "Summer Reading Program" through the public library--and the kids get little prizes and coupons, and entered into numerous drawings for really good prizes. We have been doing this for something like 5 years, I think. We have NEVER won anything.....until now! Dylan got a phone call Friday saying his name was drawn and he won a family year-long pass to Science Museum Oklahoma!! (aka the Omniplex). We were SO excited! We let our pass expire earlier this year, and planned on renewing it this fall, but now I dont' have to pay for it! Yippee! That's always a good thing! We decided to go today, to see if there was anything new, and there is! For all of you that live close by, you need to go and seethe "Science Live" show. It was great!! It's on explosions and chemical reactions--but if you have little ones--it is a little loud! Luckily all 3 of the kiddos enjoyed it--even though Dylan got a little confused and started covering his eyes instead of his ears for the explosions!! It was funny--and very entertaining!

I don't have any pics from the omniplex (we weren't planning on staying that long!), but I have a pic of Dylan and Jo and Dusty at the library after receiving his prize:

I know, he doesn't look thrilled, but I promise--he is! He just didn't want his picture taken--thanks to Jodee and Dustin for standing with him!

2 comments:

Gena said...

You have got to be kidding. I won that when I was a kid and got free Dairy Queen coupons for a whole summer. My how the prizes have changed! I knew Dylan was a boy after my own heart.

Lesley said...

I am jealous!!!