Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Playin' in the sand

The sand in Panama City was beautiful! We had fun with some new sand toys that I surprised the kids with--and they found TONS of neat shells! That was Jodee's favorite thing to do--find shells. Dylan with one of our new toys:
Dustin trying it out:
Josh caught a jellyfish in our bucket the first day we played in the ocean--very cool to see--but not fun to think that those things were swimming with us!
Also, while hunting for shells, Jodee found a sea turtle eggshell!! It is SO cool! The sea turtles are a protected species, so while the turtles are still in the eggs, they put tape around the area of the beach so they are not disturbed. But, I guess Jodee found an area after the tape had been brought down where the eggs had been--and found an empty eggshell! She also wanted to show her really neat big shell that she found:


Those are some of the highlights from our first morning at the beach! Much more to come!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

so I'm adding you to my blog roll, I figured we're friends so I can stop blog stalking you and just let you know I do read your blog. Have a great day!