Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our baby is 5!

Yes, our 'baby'!! I can't believe our youngest is 5....how time flies!
He wanted a Transformer party--it was fun! The cake was actually pretty easy....thankfully he didn't ask for spiderman! ha! That was one of the hardest cakes I've ever made. This one, Optimus Prime was not too bad.

He received Transformer jammies from his Grandpa--and has worn them EVERY day since! (Sometimes as his clothes for the day!) He loves them!
Here he is with his big balloon, and cupcakes ready for his friend party. A bunch of 5 year old boys---yes, it was ALL outside!! We swam, played in the sprinkler, jumped on the trampoline, and had cupcakes and snow cones. Great summer birthday party!
One of his favorite things is dressing up. I got this costume in January I think--for like $10. Perfect for a present for Dylan! And, watch in October....if I can convince him, he might be Iron Man for Halloween!! For the family party, we had the kids go rest in their rooms so I could clean the house a little, and Dylan fell asleep! He did NOT want to wake up--even to open presents! Poor kid! Daddy helped him open presents, blow out his candle...basically everything. Then, after all of that was over, he got a little more cheerful and enjoyed the presents Dad opened for him. Crazy guy! It was sad, but a little funny too! This is what he looked like for the presents: You never know what to expect with kids, huh? I am still learning that even after 3 kids!

Well, I think he had a great birthday! He is a big 5 year old now!!

No comments: