Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tornado drill, Mother's Day, and more!

If you read our earlier post about tornado sirens and playing outside, this is the contrast! We actually had a tornado warning VERY close to us--so close in fact that I actually had the kids in our "safe place" and everything I thought I would need in there with us! Roxy was in the bathroom with us, but poor dog, she didn't fit in the shower with the 3 kids and myself! Josh was at work, and safe in a big concrete building, but the tornado went right over him!! SCARY! We were fine, thankfully, and here is the picture to show how serious it was: (and for those of you not used to tornado drills, yes, those are bike helmets!) We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday before Mother's Day, just to have more time with our family, and to not have to fight the crowds at the restaurants. Here are all of the girls from my side of the family that were able to make it:
And here are the boys:
We had a blast at the park--with tons of food, presents, and FUN! We also celebrated my sister Hayley's 20th birthday--I can't believe she's 20!

Then, on the real Mother's Day, we had a great day of worship--getting to hear Josh preach at Tealridge!! I love it when he preaches--he's really good! Then we went to the park again that afternoon/evening, and had a great day!! My kids and hubby always spoil me with great presents and lots of hugs and kisses. Who could ask for more?
(It was VERY sunny in this picture--see all the squinting?)

And, Jodee has been loving her gymnastics lately! She finished up the "year" and they always get a medal in May. She is awesome--very talented and really enjoys it. Good for her!! I'm so glad...it's fun!
Well, that has caught you up a little, I know I left a lot out, but we are SO busy right now--and looking forward to summer break!


P.S. I know this may embarrass my husband, but I am SO EXCITED that the New Kids on the Block are making a comeback!! They have a new cd coming out this summer, and are going on tour in the fall. They will be in Dallas on October 19th, and I'm still looking for someone to go with me! (Yep--you guessed it, Josh said NO WAY!) Ha Ha!! They were on the Today show last week, and Jodee and I have been watching/listening to it, and we love it! Even the boys think they're "kinda cool". I'll take that!

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

Hey - when I was in 8th grade there was a group of us that hung out and were obsessed with the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK - as with the rest of the world too. We were all "assigned" one member of the band who was "ours". Mine was Joey and he was SO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures!!!

Addison said...

Hey, I didn't get into the New kids thing, but apparantly some of my friends did. Go to Tracy's blog and she is getting ready for it. I'm sure you could hitch a ride with them b/c I really think they are serious about going. I'll watch your kids for ya!!! & theirs!

By the way, love all the pics. I too can't believe Haley is 20. My how time flies.