Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dustin's Zoo field trip

Last Tuesday, Josh and Dustin went on a field trip with the whole 2nd grade from Orvis Risner. I was supposed to go, but I was still sick, and Jodee was sick, so I had to stay home, but luckily Josh was already taking off a few hours of work, so he was able to go in my place. First was the bus ride!! That is Dustin and his good friends Sam and Will. They later became known as the "Destruction Brothers", why? I don't know! That's just the name they gave themselves. These 3 were in Josh's group along with 4 girls. Josh said there was a sea of children when they got there, and that every school in Oklahoma must have chosen the same day for the field trip!
Here is Josh's group that he had to keep up with, and this one is at the beginning of the day:
Here they are after 5 hours of the zoo:
Too cute! Josh is awesome--he kept up with all of them and had a great time. I was sad that I didn't get to go, but glad he had a good time with Dustin!

3 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

i agree with Josh every school was their I drove because i had to pick up my mom and i was stuck in traffic for 30 min trying to turn in the zoo!! crazy but i only had to keep up with monica and the girl i was babysitting so my job must have been easier.... i would have lost someones kid!

DeeDee said...

wow - that is a lot of kids to keep up with. The past 2 times I went w/ Caleb's school we had no more than 3-4 kids per parent. I guess we have more parent volunteers.

It would also have been interesting to see a picture of Josh at the beginning of the day and then again at the end too!

Emily said...

Hi Heather -
So nice to hear from you - I can't believe your kids have gotten so big! Although, I also can't believe it has been 2 years since we moved. I am glad we have reconnected through our blogs and I look forward to checking in on you!
Maybe, with the summer nearing, we can plan a time to meet up - I am sure the kids would like a change of scenery...
Talk to you soon!
Emily