Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another year has flown by...

Well, another one of our children has graduated from Mrs. McBride's class. (Can you hear my sobs??) That means my babies are growing up WAY TOO FAST!! For those of you that don't know, Mrs. McBride has been teaching the pre-K class at Memorial Rd. Church of Christ for something like 38 years. She is amazing!! She teaches these kids with so much patience and love, and I love that she has some structure to her classroom, because she has them sit at desks, and behave appropriately for 4/5 year olds. Yes, they can actually do it!! The first two quarters of the year are usually very interesting--the kids really don't know what she expects, but as we saw last Wednesday, they all came along just fine--and learned a ton of Bible stories!! Mrs. McBride is one of my favorite people, and I love being a helper in her class--I learn so much just by being in there with her!
Here is my baby girl with Mrs. McBride:
And, starting in June, my baby Dylan will be joining her class.....what am I going to do???
ALSO, today was the last day of school!!! Dustin and Jodee had SO much fun today--and I now officially have a 3rd grader, Kindergartener, and pre-K student!!!! They spent the afternoon swimming in our pool--even though it wasn't really warm enough, but it was a great celebration!! (I only had to get in once, clothes, shoes, and all, to rescue Dylan who for some reason, got out of his ring float and fell off of the kick board he was using!! I know the other kids were going to help him, but it wasn't fast enough for me. I don't know HOW I got in the pool without making the whole side cave in, and without going in headfirst, but somehow, I did it!! Too funny....and too cold!!!)

No comments: