Monday, May 5, 2008

Orvis Risner Walk-a-thon

Last Friday was the annual Walk-a-thon at Dustin and Jodee's school. They go to the park next to the school, and have a "track" for the kids to follow--and it is like a real track, where 4 laps is a mile. Dustin went 18 laps in 30 minutes!! WHAT???? I never knew we had a little runner on our hands! 4 and 1/2 miles is a LOT! I was going to "walk" with him, but he never slowed down! It was so cute, and plus, Dylan didn't really feel like running for 30 minutes...so we watched! Here he is at the end, when he finally slowed down enough for me to take a picture:


Jodee's class only got 20 minutes (cause they're pre-k), and she went around 7 times! She sprinted, then walked, then sprinted, then walked, and so on. Too cute!



Of course, Dustin didn't want pics of him after the race hangin' with his friends, but I did get some of Jodee!

And I thought this was funny....Dylan always wants to take pictures with my camera, and he actually got a really good one of Jodee at the picnic table:

I am so proud of my kids! They are awesome. I'm also VERY excited that Dylan will be joining the other two at Orvis Risner next year! Yay! I can't believe they will all be in school...thankfully Jodee and Dylan will only be gone for 2 1/2 hours. I think I can handle that. Now, in about 2 years when my baby goes off to first grade, I think I'm going to have a problem!!!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I will be having problems too- in 2 years- so you can tell me how to get through it!