Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone--I still can't believe it! The year always seems to go so fast as we get closer to Christmas. We had a great Thanksgiving down in Texas at Josh's parents' house. Josh's dad built an amazing tree house in their back yard, and it was a hit! Even though it was cold and sometimes rainy, the kids were begging to go out to the tree house.
Well, I'm officially "one of those", that gets up at 4:30 or so Friday morning after Thanksgiving and goes shopping! I've never done it before, never saw a deal I couldn't live without, but both of my sister-in-laws and my mom-in-law were going, so I thought it'd be fun. And it was! I was WAY tired the rest of the day, but it was a good time, and I think I'll plan ahead for next year and have some money saved up to spend. Saturday we went to a big parade in downtown Austin--it has the big floats and everything, the only problem this year is that it was about 40 degrees outside and raining!! YUCK! We went with Josh's brother and his family--and had a blast! We only stayed for about an hour, but saw some cool floats, and santa, and some other neat things, and decided we'd had enough. Luckily we found a great parking space (thanks Casey!) and were able to use the back of our van for the kids so they didn't get soaking wet.


Here are the girls (the only girls out of 10 grandkids!)


Dustin and Quentin:Dylan--can you tell it's cold?Here are all 6 packed into our van (yes, the van is on with heater on high!)Here are the girls in front of Strawberry Shortcake: And Bob the Builder:And the Coca-Cola bear:
Here are most of the grandkids and Mimi celebrating Darrin's 2nd birthday:
Our trip home took an extra 2 hours--because of traffic and lots of rain...but we made it! It's always good to be home. We have started decorating for Christmas--the kids are loving it!

2 comments:

Addison said...

Ok, I've seen your kids and know how cute they are, but that Quentin is super cute!!! Looks like yall had lots of fun! It snowed on us - CRAZY! I guess it is officially wintertime. It did put us in the mood for Christmas!! Enjoyed looking at the pics!

Anonymous said...

oh boy! What a day that was! It didn't seem that cazy at the time but in retrospect and loooking at the pics we were a little nutty! Would do it again though! :)