Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy 100th Birthday, Oklahoma!


Friday, Novemer 16th, was Oklahoma's 1ooth Birthday! The kids were out of school, so we went to a HUGE parade up in Guthrie (the first capital of Oklahoma). We took my cousin, Taylor, and my aunt Karen met us up there, because my cousin Brian was in the parade! He plays in the drumline for OSU, and it was so exciting to see him marching.
Here he is (his back, that is), 4th from the left:
Here are our kiddos with Taylor:

That night we went to an OC basketball game--we won! Yay!--and we went to downtown OKC to watch a big fireworks show after the Centennial Celebration. It was great--the kids loved the fireworks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddos,
Did you know that you have some pretty awesome parents? That sounds like such a fun day and I wish i had been there to do it with you.
I am so ready to see you in two days. I love you and I have a big surprise for you...it is way up high in the air and you are gonna love it .
Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!

Thanks for the...recognition! That is so cool that you were able to come to the parade! I read the top post up there^^ also, it sounds like you guys had alot of fun!

Love,
Brian