Monday, December 3, 2007

Dining at Lottinvilles

Let me preface this post with this: we love Lottinvilles restaurant, it has great food and a great atmosphere! Now to the entertaining part: we went to eat there last Friday night and had planned ahead to have the kids eat at home and get them the yummy dessert of "s'mores" at Lottinvilles. When you order s'mores, they bring a little campfire on a plate to your table, and you toast your own marshmallows and everything---very fun! SO..to start off, we waited a good 30 minutes before sitting down, no big deal, but we were ready to eat! We ordered our drinks, and as the waitress brought them out, she gave all the kids their drinks, and was setting my water in front of me, and it slipped out of her hand, and poured into my lap (and Dylan's because he was sitting on my lap at the time!!!). I was FREEZING and trying to console Dylan who wasn't handling it very well, and finally got back in the seat, with a nice big wet spot all over my jeans. I really was okay at this point, it was just water, no big deal, right? Well, we got our food, and were enjoying each other's company, and right after I had refilled Dustin's sprite, it gets knocked over towards me--again! It mostly went on the floor and in my purse --lovely! At this point, I'm wondering (and I think I said it out loud) why do we go out to eat???? It's such a hassle--it's so much easier to stay home! BUT, then I was nicely reminded that we went there especially for the s'mores, so chill out and we'll enjoy the dessert. Okay, okay, Josh was right! SO, we ordered the s'mores, and they came out, and the kids were VERY excited! Around the little fire, they had sticks for you to put the marshmallows on, so we dug in. It was yummy! Then...as we are loving the s'mores, the middle of our table lights up! One of the sticks caught on fire!!!! (One that we were NOT holding) The waitress came running around the table trying to grab it, and it finally broke off, and got put out. It was actually a little scary for a second, then Josh and I busted out laughing!! Here we are in this nice, expensive restaurant, and we have a fire on our table! I asked him, "What else could possibly happen?" We were still laughing about the fire, when Dylan, trying to get off of his chair, totally falls flat on his back onto the floor! Luckily he was fine, he still had his winter coat on, and it was a carpeted floor, so it wasn't a bad fall, but poor guy! We decided it was probably time for us to go before anything else had a chance to happen. It was a delicious dinner and dessert, but I think we'll be staying home for a while!!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sometimes it just isnt worth it! I feel for ya Heather! But, we love the smores also! It is so much fun for the kids!