Thursday, October 4, 2007

The past week....

Okay, better play catch up--and sorry to my faithful readers--I was a little busy over the past week, and will make up for it today!
Last week was member appreciation at the gym that we go to, and one day, they painted the kids' faces! Jodee is a kitty, and Dylan is a blue tiger!


Also, Friday was Family Fun Night at the zoo, so a friend of mine and I went and dared to face the crowds! It wasn't nearly as bad as we anticipated, and we got free t-shirts, free tram rides, free carousel rides, and free Krispy Kreme donuts (just what I needed after working out at the gym that week!). We had a great time--we love the zoo!


Last Saturday was our church's "Day in the City", a service day spent helping out around the metro. I chose to go to Orvis Risner Elementary school (Josh had to work--we missed him!), where Dustin and Jodee go, to help out. I had planned on the kids helping too, but when I was asked to paint bright red lines on the blacktop for the kids to line up on after recess, I told them they could go play! Dylan actually DID paint a little, but I really didn't want a huge mess of red paint all over, so he eventually worked his way to the playground. We worked for 3 1/2 hours--also swept the gravel off of the basketball courts, and got some good conversations in with the principal. It felt good to help out and get something done!
Early this week, we shopped for Jodee's birthday, and also Halloween costumes! Of course, we've had to put them on at least once a day to see how they look:

Dustin's baseball team had pictures taken, and a friend took this adorable pic:
(thanks Christi!)

We went to my cousin Taylor's high school homecoming parade on Wednesday--he's a freshman football player--go huskies!




Well, I think that about sums it up. I will be posting again soon, with Jodee's birthday party! Woo hoo! She can't wait!

No comments: