Friday, October 12, 2007

Jodee's real birthday, and making cakes!

Well, she's really 5 now! Wednesday was Jodee's real birthday, and we celebrated once again! We went to the donut shop for breakfast (the one thing that Dustin got to join in on!), and then went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. It's not called that anymore, it's now a western heritage museum, but you get the idea! It's free on Wednesday's right now, so that's always a good thing. It was fun! We went with some good friends of ours, and had a great time!


After the museum, we went to Cici's for lunch. Daddy got to meet us up there--which was a nice surprise! Poor Dustin was stuck at school all day...so that evening we got him his favorite--a happy meal from McDonald's. Did I even cook at all that day??? I don't think I did!! That's very unusual, and pretty unhealthy too!


We had the Orvis Risner Elementary Fall Festival Friday night, and they do a cake walk every year, with a cake decorating contest for the kids. I offered to help Dustin and Jodee if they wanted to do a cake, and so they both decided to go for it. I iced them, and they did the main decorating. I didn't think it would be fair if I did the decorating, since it's a contest! Although I really wanted to--it's fun! They did a great job...I drew with a toothpick on the cake, and they did the drawing with the black icing. Good job kiddos!

(Notice Jodee's nice grayish teeth in the picture, let me just say, she LOVES eating icing, even black icing!)
We found out after school Thursday that Jodee got 3rd place in her grade on the cake and received a 10 punch coupon for the festival, and Dustin got an award for free popcorn that night at the festival. Very cool!

No comments: