Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bike riding with a family of 5

Okay, some of you might already know this, but I LOVE bike riding! I used to ride all around Altoona, Iowa when I lived there, and my love (no, I was corrected by Josh, it's my "act" of bike riding) has slowed down a bit since we've had a family, but it's picking right back up now that we can ride together! We have had a trailer for my bike since Dylan was born, so Jodee and he could ride in it together, but now that Jodee is an amazing bike rider, Dylan chills in the trailer by himself. This does not make him very happy, he thinks he can ride his scooter just as fast as we can do our bikes, which actually may be true on a big hill. Anyways, we made him a little upset on Saturday, but for a good cause. For any of you Edmonites, you know that the city of Edmond made a trail leading from Fink Park (Rankin and 2nd) to Hafer Park(9th and Bryant)....right? Well, it's pretty new, and I have NO idea how long it is...but we decided to bike it Saturday around 5:30. It's VERY hilly, so beware if you try to do it, it's so tiring! WE MADE IT! We played at Hafer for a while and made the trek back to Fink. Let me tell you, pulling a trailer with a 35 lb. child in the back is REALLY good exercise on those hills! I made it all the way back, huffing and puffing, but didn't finish the very last hill up to the truck. My legs were burning! We had to let Dylan try out his scooter for a while on the fun hills at Fink, so we rested and about had heart attacks watching him fly down the hills! Dustin and Jodee made it the whole way, with a few pushes from dad on the way back...I was very impressed. Then they had a good time playing in the dry creek bed at Fink...that is some good fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebeckaoneal said...

okay so we have a trailer for JaySea but i make Jay pull it. i would never pull it i have a hard time pulling myself!

DeeDee said...

Sounds like fun! Chris and Caleb go a lot, but I don't know how many decades it has been since I rode a bike (excepet for a lap around the cul-de-sac.)