Saturday, August 4, 2007

"Put the "T" in the garage, please!"

That is what Dustin heard tonight, as I looked out the front door and saw the baseball tee and bikes left out in the yard. He came in later and said it was done, and Josh had helped with the bikes, so I didn't give it a second thought. A few hours later, we were all getting ready for bed, Josh was helping the kids brush their teeth, and I was letting the dogs in the garage (where they sleep). As I went into the garage, the tea pitcher was setting there, outside the door, on the floor of our garage!!! I looked at it with wonder, and went back in to ask Josh why he put the tea in the garage!! He looked at me and said he had thought the same thing--"what crazy thing is she trying now??" is actually more like what he thought, and I could almost see the light bulb pop on above his head when he laughed and looked at Dustin. Josh asked me to say what I had said earlier--remember this is hours later, so of course I had no idea what he was talking about (yet!), then he said it, I looked at Dustin, and busted out laughing!! Dustin still didn't quite understand what was so funny, so we explained it, and I personally was VERY proud of my seven year old who did something funny like that without asking me why I wanted him to do it! What a great, obedient kid! Dustin did get a kick out of it too, and a big hug from me for obeying without questioning...too sweet!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is hilarious!!
What a good kid you've got!!
I'm sure that is not the oddest request he will get in his lifetime!

The Best Family said...

Good times... he is a super sweet kid.... does he still have the mohawk? I still cant believe that Josh let his son get a mohawk! :o)