Monday, August 13, 2007

Are we CRAZY or are we COOL?

We woke our two oldest kids up at 4:30 this morning! Now, now, before you really wonder about us, it was for a good cause! There was a meteor shower this weekend--we watched it Saturday night and Sunday night from our trampoline, while munching on popcorn and singing church camp songs. It was so nice! The meteorologists on the news said the best viewing time would be between 4 and 5 Monday morning, so we decided to go for it! It was AWESOME! We saw around 12 "shooting stars", Josh, myself, Dustin, and Jodee, and then we all went right back to bed. It was really neat--I know the kids will remember this for a long time. We chose not to wake Dylan up, because I figured he'd be the one that wouldn't want to go back to sleep--and I really didn't want to officially get up at 4:30 a.m.! Ha!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I think this makes you really cool and even if they say to their friends they think it was dorky, I know from experience that it will be one of those things they look back on and are proud that their parents did something different than all their friends did. Good job!

Sarah said...

you are definitely COOL!!! But I hope you all get naps today!

Hopefully next major meteor shower we can do the same.

The Best Family said...

you're crazy!!! sleep is too hard to come by around here!
oh, alright, I guess it is really cool that your kids got to watch a once in a lifetime meteor shower and you have plenty of opportunities to catch up on sleep!