Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jodee's bad luck today

I have no pictures for this post, so you'll just have to trust me on this one! My poor daughter had a VERY bad hour this afternoon. Her first problem happened like this: She had just gotten out of the swimming pool, and was on the trampoline with some friends, drying off. I am outside watching the kids, talking to Josh, my mom, and my brother. All of a sudden, the girls are yelling that there is a BIG BUG on Jodee's head!!! I am in the middle of something, so I sent Josh to investigate (he's much better with bugs than I am!). On his way out to the trampoline, Jodee starts crying, saying it hurts! I immediately get up and go to her, he gets her down and we look at where the 'bug' was, and her head is BLEEDING!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD???? So, now I'm trying to stay calm and stop the bleeding, and inside I'm totally freaking out! The bug came back, and Josh trapped it in the water with the net, and it was a humongous horsefly---like the size of a locust. HUGE! I looked it up, and sure enough, they are known to bite humans on the head for a quick feeding....talk about gross!! Poor Jodee....she is fine now, but it was a good scare!

So, on to the second part of her bad luck.....we came inside for the kids to get out of their swimsuits, and she and her friends went into the bathroom to change. I (still talking with my mom), thought nothing of it.....it was all very normal. Until I hear kids yelling, "Jodee's stuck in the bathroom!" What? Really? Come on....then I hear the frantic crying. Yep, it's Jodee. Again. I go to the bathroom and figure out that she had opened the hamper door, that usually stops on TOP of the door knob, but she somehow 'accidentally' pushed it below the door knob, and cannot get it closed in order to open the bathroom door. Are you following this? She's officially stuck. Josh has to calm her down so he can give her directions....I'm already to the thought process of how to take the doorknob off, or how to bust down a bathroom door, because there is no window to our bathroom. He had her and her friend use all their might (grunting and all) and push the hamper door up as hard as they could---even if it breaks--it's okay! Lo and behold, they did it!! The hamper door was hanging by it's hinges, but they made it out of the bathroom.

That poor child.

She is pretty resilient. She was fine tonight, thankfully. We'll see how she does around the flies tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Poor Jodee! Give her a big kiss and hug for me!!

The Best Family said...

Poor Jo! Momma said there'd be days like this!!

Kayla said...

Haha...Oh my.