Saturday, August 29, 2009

I needed this:

A long bike ride, picnic and playing at the park, and another long (and little bit scary!) bike ride home.
I was at a gymnastics judging meeting ALL day....and I'm really not used to being away from the house/kids/Josh all day, much less sitting and listening in meetings....needless to say, I needed a break when I arrived home tonight! This was the perfect getaway--we had great weather, just enough time before bedtime, and I didn't have to cook!
Here we are on our way: This is after eating dinner....and you can't tell, but they are spinning SO fast!
Even better when Daddy pushes them! (Look at his face--he might be having more fun than the kids!)On our way home:And, to clarify what I said earlier, Josh decided to take us a different way home, which was great, until we are riding on a sidewalk right next to 33rd streeet in Edmond, and Dylan likes to look around while he's riding, so he doesn't always stay ON the sidewalk, and there is a dog park on one side of us, and cars FLYING by on the other side of us. What is Dylan doing? No, not watching the sidewalk, looking at the dogs!!! I was trying not to freak out, but I made it certain we would never go that way again!! Way to scary for me to watch my baby right on the edge of the sidewalk/street with cars coming at us!
Ahhhh, we made it home in one piece. It was so nice to get some exercise, fresh air, have fun with the kids, then this: Yep, Dylan is passed out in bed. This is after emptying 2 cans of shaving cream in the bathtub. Yes, they were bought for the kids to have fun with--I never imagined they would use up both cans in one tub of water! Boy, do they smell good tonight!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

family bike rides are one of my FAVORITE getaways!!