Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We miss you, Roxy.

What a sad day yesterday was. We were gone for the day on Sunday--12 hours to be exact. 6:30 am till 6:30 pm...and in that time, our beautiful dalmatian, Roxy, got VERY sick. We took her to the vet Monday morning, and she stayed there for the day and had an IV with fluids, antibiotics, and got lots of tests done on her. She was almost 11 years old, and her condition was not good. When I took the kids to visit her after school, she was not any better, and the vet very nicely told me the details--her kidneys were not functioning, her liver was failing, etc, etc. He said they could try surgery to see if the problem was treatable, but he said he didn't think it would be, and she most likely wouldn't make it through the surgery anyways. Last night at about 6, we decided to have her put to sleep. It was SO sad. Sunday morning she was fine!!! And now, this. Dustin and I took it the hardest. He was so sad. Even this morning, he was still teary eyed. It makes my heart break thinking about how he's feeling...because I feel the same way. I just never want to see my child that sad. It's awful! I had to go pick up her collar today...that was NOT fun. Well, at least she's not sick anymore...poor thing!
Here are some pictures to show you how much she was loved!
This is Roxy being introduced to Poncho, just about 11 years ago.Here's our "family" picture in 1998.Watching Biscuit, the hamster:

Meeting Ruby (a sweet little puppy that we couldn't keep for long, but she was SO cute!)We miss Roxy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you Roxy!! Roxy was a very sweet and loving dog! I'm sorry for your loss.

Karen

DeeDee said...

awe, I am sorry about your dog, now on to something funny. YOur family pic from 1998 is hilarious. I have always thought you guys looked about 14 in that picture.

oh and FYI - the word I have to type below is borderline obscene.

suzspeaks said...

Hi Heather...I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

I came here to tell you that I haven't forgotten about your prize! I am SO sorry. We have been out of town or had family here for the past 3 weeks! I will get it to you in the next week! HOpe you had a good thanksgiving!