Monday, April 7, 2008

Texas Rangers Game in OKC

We were so lucky to get free tickets to the Rangers vs. White Sox game played here in OKC! My dad's work bought tickets--only 4 though, and he let us have 2 of them! Thanks Dad!! (and Southwest Trailers!)If they had more we would have gotten to take the kids, but they went to Grandma's and had fun spending the night. They had no idea what they were missing! It was SO much fun--but really cold! Josh was making fun of me for wearing gloves, but I think he was wishing he had some toward the end!

One of my favorite parts of the whole experience was Bryan White singing the National Anthem! I have always liked him (he's a country singer, in case you didn't know) and he hasn't really put any new albums out in a LONG time, so I was surprised to see him there! It was great!
Here are the Texas Rangers in the dugout: White Sox 3rd base coach--I loved watching his crazy signals to his players--never could figure out what he was saying to them!
And the pitch:
It was fun!


The next day I had a state gymnastics meet in OKC, and Josh had to work, then that evening I was asked to help at the Big 12 gymnastics meet at OU! It was awesome--I had to be a line judge--not a very fun job, but at least I got to go! Here's my "floor pass":


Luckily, I didn't have to raise my flag to signal that one of the gymnasts had stepped out of bounds on floor. The best part was that OU won by .1!!! It was a great meet!

2 comments:

Andi Hawkins said...

Ya'll had good seats!! How cool about the OU meet. I am soooo jealous!! I miss you so much. Hope you are all well. Love!!!

Anonymous said...

If you would use "for all your trailer and equipment needs" after every mention of Southwest Trailers & Equipment, maybe more tickets would fall in your direction!

Dad