Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Saturn Relay

Woohoo! I am so excited--we (sorry, "I") got a new car! (Josh was reading this over my shoulder and made me correct that sentence--I don't think he's very proud of "our" new minivan!) My old van had been having some problems since Christmas, and it looked like it was going to be an expensive problem to fix, so we had started looking for a new one a few months ago. Well, Friday, Josh brought this one home at lunch to show it to me--and I liked it a lot, but didn't even drive it! I had already settled it in my mind that we were moving on from the minivan, and going to an SUV or something. The only problem with that was the bad gas mileage that they get. SO, when Josh brought this one to me, I loved it, but figured there was no way he'd ever get it for me! He called me later that afternoon and had us come up to his work--and we were signing the papers! It was so quick and easy (one benefit to him working there!), and I was SO embarrassed that my old van was not cleaned out! It had SO much stuff in it! Anyways, here it is:
And the kids enjoying sitting in the back:

Now I have had to promise Josh that this is our last minivan we will ever buy--my next car is a Jeep!

2 comments:

The Best Family said...

when I first read your title, "my saturn relay" I thought you had run in some relay benefitting saturn or something.... it was not until I had read the entire post and came back to comment that I realized that the car is called a Relay... Im a smart one, I tell ya!!
Anywhoo... a new car is always super-exciting... and it is not one of the old fashioned minivans... it looks like it is a cool cross between minivan and suv... how FUN!! Now we have to think up a new nick name for yall on the radio... member we used to call yall bugs bunny since you had the warner bros van?
We miss you guys!! We need to look at calendars to get Dustin and Micah together this summer!!

Lesley said...

Awesome!!