Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The elephants are back!

So....our girl elephants from the OKC zoo had a little 'date' in Tulsa.  Yes, there will be a baby elephant born in OKC soon!  Try explaining that to my curious little 8 year old.  That was fun.  HA!

Being Zoo-Friends has it's perks...we got to go to the zoo after hours tonight to see the new Asian exhibit....elephants and all!  It's VERY nice....and very big, and I cannot wait till summer!  It will be so fun. I am glad we went tonight....free tram rides, free carousel rides, free donuts, ....the kids were pumped!  We had such a good time.










5 comments:

Alyssa said...

At first I though Jodee was doing a gymnastics stunt on the playground with a broken foot...then I saw the swing! Bummed we missed the big elephant extravaganza.

R Joshua Fowler said...

If you are zoo friends, M-Z night is next week so you may still get to partake (I think???)

Kayla said...

oh fun! Can't wait to go see it!! I will have to see if we are still zoo friends! I never know when it expires!!

Heather said...

Actually, the other zoo-friends night is this Thursday, 4:00-7:00. We went at 5:45, got a close parking space, and had plenty of time to do everything.
Yes, Alyssa, Jodee was swinging VERY high and VERY upside down! I thought it was pretty cool....a girl after my own heart! ha!

Catherine said...

I WAS jealous of all the A-L people until I saw your post. I just started Weight Watchers again (gag), and so I'm super happy to have a heads-up on the donut thing. HUGE weakness for me, so at least now I can be mentally prepared. I don't plan on telling the kids we're going until I p/u E. from school because I don't want to hear, "When are we going!?" 2300 times. So excited!