Friday, February 4, 2011

Got snow?

I love snow! Maybe it's from years of living in Iowa, where we had no choice but to learn to like it....but if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow!  Oklahoma definitely got it this week...the kids made it to school on Monday...that's it!  I think the grand total was 10 to 12 inches...something like that, at least where we live.  We have really enjoyed it!  Sledding every day, hot chocolate, movies, snow ice cream, building a 'fort'...no snow man though...it wouldn't stick together!  As I'm typing this, it's snowing again!  Loving it..although, I do have to get out and go judge a gymnastics meet today and tomorrow! I know I can drive on these roads, (thanks to driver's ed in winter in Iowa)....I'm just not sure about the other people on the road!

The dogs love it:



The kids love it:




The parents love it:



The front door of the house wasn't too sure about the 50 mph winds blowing the snow inside.  I was a little shocked to see that I had to sweep snow OUT of my house Tuesday morning!

3 comments:

karen said...

LOVE it!!

Alyssa said...

We are loving it too! Except Jackson and I haven't been out in it due to his sicknesses. But maybe next week! And I didn't know you were from Iowa!

Marilyn said...

Looks like your family has had a great week! I love being snowed in!