Monday, July 12, 2010

KC Riverfest

For the 4th of July, we decided to invite the youth group to go to the Kansas City Riverfest with us.  I was excited to be in a new place for the 4th, and I just knew the fireworks were going to be beautiful right on the river!  The Radio Disney roadcrew was there, so the kids were ecstatic!  We love Radio Disney, so this was just perfect.  They also had moonbounces and other play things, but you couldn't do just one, so I didn't want to waste our money on wristbands for the kids (since we're going to Chicago this week!).  Dustin decided to spend his own money, and was glad he did. He had a blast!  And, surprisingly enough, the other kids didn't mind.   

A group of teens that rode together left early, so we just had 2 with us....I felt bad at first, thinking they were 'stuck' with our family, but at the end of the night they said they had the best time and that the others had missed out.  Made me feel better!

We had dinner there...nothing like fried pickle chips, nachos, and a gyro!  Whew....my body wondered what I was doing to it! But man, I love fried pickles!

About 9:00 that evening, it started POURING!!!  We were already by the stage with the Radio Disney people, so I was happy to stay where I was.  Another artist came on stage to sing after the roadcrew was done, and he was good, but not someone I would have sat and listened to for an hour!  It was the best audience I think the guy had ever had...but he knew why we were all there!  He was very appreciative for the rain!  Dustin and the two teens we had with us decided to go play on the moonbounces in the rain---they had a BLAST!!!  It was great!  Dylan, Jodee, Josh,and I just chilled under the tent, listening to music.
The fireworks still went off as planned....it did stop raining for a bit so we could enjoy the show.  But, as we walked to the car, it started pouring again! So funny...by this time I knew my car was going to be nasty, and there was nothing we could do about it!  Might as well make the best of it all, right?  

Here is Dustin dancing with the Radio Disney roadcrew:


He did an air guitar contest and WON!!

Dylan dancing:

Our kids with the cool road crew:



I have to give some credit to Jodee too....she did get up and dance the Macarena....and then she wouldn't do anything else.  When we got her home that night, she was running a fever! Poor girl..no wonder she didn't feel like dancin'!


Here is Dustin  jousting with Sam:

Love this pic:

Sweet Jodee...not feeling very good:


Beautiful:


Hope everyone had a great 4th!

2 comments:

R Joshua Fowler said...

I had a GREAT time

Lesley said...

glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! i love fried pickles too!!