Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ice Skating

Over Christmas break, Jodee was begging to go ice skating. It all started with a movie she watched...and she decided she wants to be an ice skater. I thought we better try it out before she jumps to any conclusions, so we went to the local rink here in Edmond and had so much fun! Here are the kids with their ice skates on, ready to go:About 20 feet onto the ice, this happened:Can you see the HUGE bump on her forehead? She totally twisted around (unintentionally) and hit her face/head on the ice. It was awful! I wasn't sure she was going to keep going, but she did--what a strong girl! She actually caught on and skated for another 1 1/2 hours.

Here are Dustin and Jodee--away from the wall!! Dustin never stayed by the wall--he knew what he was doing! We are thinking of letting him try hockey--how cool is that? We will get through baseball season first, then look into it. He was a great skater!
Silly Dylan:
He had so much fun...for about an hour. That was enough for his little feet! But he did really well....I thought he was going to pull me down a couple of times, but we made it!! (Josh and I had a lot of fun too--I laughed SO much! But, never fell down!)

I love this picture:
And this one, too:

3 comments:

Kayla said...

So does she still want to be an ice scater?! That bump looked like it would have given me a headache :(

Amber said...

I love them holding hands!

Heather said...

Actually, she does still want to take lessons! The bump was awful!! I did give her tylenol that night....ouch!
Thanks Amber--that's my favorite pic too!