Sunday, April 26, 2009

13.1

WOW! Let me just say, I absolutely loved doing the half-marathon! I never pictured myself doing it, but after being asked by a friend (Karyn)--decided I might as well try. I am so glad we did it! I seriously can't wait to do another one! Well, give me a couple weeks to recover, then I'm ready! ha! Josh and the kids were involved in the OKC Memorial Marathon too--Josh was supposed to do the half--actually run it--but hurt his knee a couple weeks ago and decided to hang with the kids and do the Kid's Marathon. I'm so glad he got to enjoy them when they did it! It was so neat. They had so much fun, and they got to see Mama and her friends cross the finish line! Renee and I had enough energy to run part of the time (our original plan was to walk the half--but running up the hills actually felt better on our legs....that's weird, I know!), and we ran across the finish line! It felt great--and we did it in 3:37:19. Pretty good for our first time, and only training a little bit.

I don't have many pics yet, but here's what I have so far. I'll post more later! (or you can check out the Johnson's blog for more pics).
Here are the kids after the 1.2 that they ran. They got medals and treats! Shannon Miller was there to promote exercising--pretty cool, except my kids didn't know who she was! Dylan is on my cousin's shoulders trying to find his Mom in the crowds of people! Here we come! Renee and me in the red shirts...getting ready to run some more! Yes, the girl in the yellow shirt is finishing 26.2....Our family:

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great job Heather!! I hope you got a 13.1 sticker for your car! That's such a great accomplishment!!!
And the kiddoes were so proud, for running in it themselves & for seeing you do it!

Mandy said...

There's one in Tulsa in November, if you really want to do another. ; ) It's VERY hilly.

Michelle said...

I was just ahead of you the whole time....about 12 minutes....Jeremy hurt his knee and he ran the full, he probably shouldn't have, but he made it alright, good job! I always say I won't do it again, but I will be doing it next year!

kj said...

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did great!