Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins!

One of my favorite activities in the fall is carving pumpkins! We do it every year--sometimes they turn out great, and other years, they have triangle eyes and noses....this was a good year! (Thanks, Josh!) I always get the job of cleaning the pumpkins out--not my idea of fun, but it has to be done. Dustin tried to help me this year, but I still had to go back over it again. Yuck! Josh got Dustin's started, and Dustin actually carved most of his--very impressive! Jodee picked out what she wanted, and just had daddy do it for her. Dylan picked out his, and I fully expected to have Josh do it, but he was busy, and it was getting late, so I started on it. I think it turned out pretty good!! Dylan was happy with it--that 's what matters.
Getting started:Dylan and his spider:Jodee and her haunted house:

Dustin and his bat: Here they are with candles....lookin' good!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

great job!!

And look at your winning streak! I saw you won the scrub on Momspark. You lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your are an impressive bunch with your carving.

Lesley said...

You all did sooo good!!!

Nicole said...

Those look great!

Leslie said...

Those turned out great. Did you use stencils or just free-hand? Very creative!

kel said...

awesome pumpkins! and adorable kids!!

Marilyn said...

I'm impressed...ours just has the triangle eyes & nose!

Heather said...

Yes, we used stencils...but my spider...uh, Dylan's spider ended up being more freehand..I couldn't "read" my dots that I poked into the pumpkin!
There's nothing wrong with triangle eyes and noses...sometimes those are the cutest!

kj said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those rock!