Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy 6th, Jodee!!

I can't believe my baby girl is 6! Her birthday was Friday, and she had so much fun celebrating at school! She had a friend party that night, at our house, and they played "High School Musical Sing-It" on the Wii. It is a really cool game--they had tons of fun. Josh vetoed the sleepover this year, so we actually got to sleep that night...I agree it was nice, but stay tuned for next year--I bet she'll have a sleepover! Ha! They're just so much fun for the kids. ( I know, I'm crazy, but come on, they're only kids for a little while!)
Here is a pic of Jodee taking her turn, and 5 of the 6 girls watching from the couch. (Lily was watching too, just didnt' get her in the pic!) Soon after this picture was taken, they were all up singing and dancing, and having fun. This was a serious song, it looks like!

We had her family party Saturday, along with a watch party for the sad OU/Texas game. We had a nice array of burnt orange and crimson...look in the pics below. Jodee had a blast, and just kept saying, "I love my birthday!". Very sweet. She is such a fun girl, loves her family, her friends, and tries so hard to be a friend to everyone! She does so well in school, and has an amazing ability to do math. She is a wonderfully talented gymnast already, and is SO strong, she is catching up to Dustin!! ( I know he's going to LOVE to read that!) Her favorite things are baby dolls and playing house, and writing in her journals, her many, many journals! She loves to do her daily bible readings, but I will admit, we usually do them all on one day! She is a wonderful daughter--and we are so blessed to have her!
Here you can see the craziness and abundance of gifts, along with the orange and red in the background:

Jodee and her guitar cake:She has wanted a guitar for a LONG time, so we did a High School Musical party with a guitar cake. I figured it works just fine....and plus, it matches the real guitar she got as a gift!

Working hard on those chords:

More pics to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun weekend and cool cake! you'll have to teach me how to make all these fun cakes you post here.

dylan has had his 4th birthday for a long time now!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather - yeah! now I can keep up with you too!! You are such a good mom! What fun to have a high school musical party.