Thursday, September 11, 2008

On a roll

Well, I have always said that I/we never win anything...but I can't say that anymore! After this summer with Dylan winning a family Science Museum pass from the library, and now I just won $100 from the Orvis Risner PTA, I have to definitely say we're on a roll! Let's keep it going!
I always sign up for PTA, and I have been on the board for the past 2 years--although I was wondering why I do this to myself--I felt like I may be stretching myself too thin, but I think it's going to turn out okay this year. We had a meeting tonight (also had Parent Night), and during the meeting there was a drawing for anyone that signed up for the PTA and paid on information day..and they drew my name! I'm just glad I was there! It was pretty cool....and to celebrate, and feed my hungry family, we went out to eat. It was nice not thinking about how much it was going to cost, or maybe I should just get an appetizer, things I would normally be thinking about. It was a great night!


On a totally different note, please keep Bob Utley in your prayers. He is a wonderful Christian man, our friend, and dad to a good friend of ours, and he is in surgery for a tumor on his spine. We want him to be around for a long time, so say a quick prayer for him!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Josh and i "whoop whooped" for you!

See you tomorrow.