Friday, February 8, 2008

In the news...

Okay, I'm ready to not be "involved" in the news anymore! We have had 2 crazy newsworthy things, last night and this morning, that we are very close to. Yesterday around 4, there was a HUGE fire at a church right down the street from us! It happened after school was out, thankfully, but it was scary! It wasn't too close to our house, but close enough for the kids to be nervous. I had so many friends and family call to check on us because it was so close, but we were fine, but appreciate the calls!
Then, this morning, my mom told me that my friend's son was on the news, because he was missing! I have known her (the mom ) since preschool, and her 12 year old went missing yesterday after school. It was so scary this morning, but luckily they have found him and are talking through what happened. I was SO relieved to hear that they found him...I can't imagine what my friend was going through.
Anyways, I am really ready to not know what's going on in the news...I like it to be far away from my family and my friends.
Update on Dylan, he is finally feeling better today...yesterday he had 104 degree fever almost all day--that was NOT fun! But today he is definitely back to himself--he's so funny! I've missed my little comedian for the past couple of days! Glad he's back.
Have a great Friday everyone.

2 comments:

Addison said...

Wow, you've had a busy week. Glad you are surviving. And I hear ya 'bout the news stuff. A girl from Addison's school was asked to get in the car on her walk home from school(and what parent lets their little one walk home alone from school?!!!) Anyway, Scary. So glad your house and kids are in tact. Love you guys.

Gena said...

So scary. I'm glad everything is okay.