Wednesday, December 12, 2007

**Wintertime and Gingerbread men**

Whew--what a fun couple of days! The kids here in Edmond went back to school today, but most of the surrounding school districts are still out because of electricity problems. CRAZY! We went sledding Monday afternoon with some friends from down the street--it was really hard climbing up an icy hill! Josh was off work early that day, so he got to go with us!


We decided after a day of cold rain we'd go to the movies last night. It was nice to get away from the house! We saw the Bee Movie--it was cute! Once again, Josh was off early (yay!), so we even got the matinee price--always a good thing!


Today, we decided to try something new--making gingerbread men! Let me just say, I have never done this before--and I wanted to do it from scratch, so I had to buy molasses! What in the world--I had NO idea where to find it, but we finally did (by the syrup, fyi), and got all the ingredients home, and I made the dough while Jodee and Dustin were at school. Okay--I'll be honest--it is STINKY stuff! But, we baked them, and they taste just fine! (Thankfully!) They had fun using the cookie cutters and decorating, but Dylan had more fun eating the decorations.


Here is the tree from across the street--it is completely split in half! So sad--luckily it didn't fall on anything.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Heather,
I'm trying this again. Add me.
oklahomamom4him.blogspot.com