Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mom's can't get sick!

What a week! It started out great...worship on Sunday, Dustin's baseball game Monday, then comes Tuesday...with a terrible cough and a fever! I felt weird Monday, I could tell I was at the beginning of a cough/cold, but the fever was totally unanticipated! It wiped me out! I thought surely it will go away by the weekend, and I'll be just fine. But, then we fast forward to Friday, I still have a fever, still feel awful, and I'm heading to the dr! She said it was bronchitis, and luckily I'm feeeling much better today on my antibiotics! The poor kids, luckily they're all very self-sufficient, but I felt so bad lying in bed for 4 days! Thankfully Josh is so good at taking over once he gets home, but once again, I felt bad because they ate out 3 out of the 4 days! Oh well....I don't get sick that often!
I felt good enough tonight to go with the family to our church picnic at OC. It was so nice to get out, and enjoy the beautiful weather with our congregation! The kids had a blast on the moon bounce, big slide, and obstacle course. Dustin even tried the boxing...and man, is he good! It's a little scary, I don't know how he became so good at that, but he had fun.
Here are some pics from our week:
Jodee learned about birthdays at school this week, and this is her "birthday hat":

Here are the kids waiting in line for the big slide at the picnic:Here is Jodee sliding! We got a picture of Dylan but he went SO fast that it was blurry, and we tried to get a picture of Dustin, but we missed him every time!No need to worry though, we got one of Dustin boxing!And here are their face paintings, a rainbow, a baseball, and "blue" (that is what Dylan asked for, and I told the girl to do whatever she wanted, as long as it was blue, so he got blue stripes!)We had a fun day today, finally, and my sweet kids are very relieved (I think), that I'm feeling better! Dylan asked me probably 20 times a day this past week, "Mom, are you feeling better yet?", and he got the answer he was looking for tonight!

No comments: