Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Move

I really had no idea what "the move" was going to be like. I knew Olathe....I knew our church....but actually moving physically to another state, another house, another neighborhood...WOW.  It didn't help that we had a hail storm 3 days before the move.  It totaled the roof on our house. Lovely. Thankfully, we know the buyer well enough for her to trust that we would get the roof replaced with the insurance money.  It all worked out:) I knew it would, but that week was a mess!!  It was a long trip up here with a very full U-Haul....but we were greeted at our rent house (that I had never seen yet) by about 20 members of our church, ready to help unload.  It was awesome!!  I really wish I had pictures from that night...it was incredible.  They even put our beds together for us so we could sleep comfortably that night. Now THAT'S hospitality, people!


We immediately felt very welcomed. It was great!  I was a little sad, here and there, but there was work to be done, so I held it together quite nicely.  The sad came later;) We worked hard getting the house put together most of the summer. Yes, it took ALL summer to get it in order-kind of.  It's a year later and I'm still rearranging cabinets..ha! 

No comments: