Tuesday, May 10, 2011

State Gymnastics Meet

April 30th was Jodee's BIG state gymnastics meet! She competed against the best level 4's in her age group.  Guess what?  Even after the broken foot fiasco, and even after missing HOURS of practice because of the longer school days (because of the lovely snow), she came in 4th in the state!  Woohoo!!! Way to go, JO!  I am so happy for her!  She also 'all-stated', which means she goes to a big, fancy banquet in August, and gets a yummy dinner, and recognition for being an amazing gymnast.  What a great accomplishment at age 8!  WOW!

Funny thing happened the day before her meet....one of her coaches was not current on all of her membership/background check stuff, so I was called in to help coach!  Yikes!  I didn't want to make her more nervous, but she was calm, cool, and collected. At the end, she even told me she liked that I was there with her!!  Awww.....love that girl!

Here we are getting ready to warm up on bars...


 And here we are after the meet.  So proud.  So happy.

For the video, check out my facebook, or Josh's.  I will try to figure out how to put it on here someday.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I should get her signature now. So I can say...I've known this Olympic gymnast since she was born!

kayla said...

If ever Avery competes, I'm gonna have to hire Josh to video! He does a great job and we are clueless when it comes to editing videos. We have the old school kind that uses little mini video tapes. Can it even be turned into digital!?

Way to go Jodee!!

Heather said...

Thanks, girls! Alyssa, she wouldn't know what to think if someone asked for her autograph! haha!
Kayla, I don't know how he does it...it's pretty cool, though!