Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring break 2010: Take one!

We had a great spring break--just staying in Oklahoma!  No need to travel, since we'll be gone all summer.  Josh had a ton of homework to do (lovely--on Spring Break--really? Come on, OC!), so we enjoyed a couple of movies, the zoo, Martin Park Nature Center, and SNOW!!!  It was a nice week.

Since we got our new camera, we have been taking a million pics--so it's very hard to choose just a few!  But, that being said, here are some of my faves from part of our week:

The new and improved Children's zoo with some friends:
Playing with the lorikeets:




Those pictures crack me up!  The birds jump on you as soon as you walk in, whether you have nectar or not!  So funny!  We had a lot of fun in there!  

These next few are from Martin Park Nature Center, one of my favorite places!
Josh had never been here before--I have been going to this park for years....literally!  When we were going down a trail to the water, we heard a noise, like people running on the trails behind us, being very noisy.  I looked back and Josh told me he saw white-tailed deer!! We ended up seeing 3---it was crazy! I have never seen deer there before!  Very cool.   Glad Josh was there with us!

Reading the map:

I have SO much more to write about!  And SO many more pictures to weed through.....stay tuned!


5 comments:

Amy in Edmond said...

We used to go the Martin Nature Park and loved it. I sometimes forget about it.

My oldest refused to go to the zoo when I suggested it for spring break.

Bill is working on his National Board Certification, so he had lots of homework also. He has to mail it all in on March 31st, so he is almost done.

Kayla said...

I can't wait to check out the zoo-Looks so fun!

Gena said...

Martin Nature Park is one of my favorite places in the world. I have such good memories there. Your new camera takes great pictures.

Chiara Davidson Photography said...

great pics!

Heather said...

Thanks everyone!! Josh is the camera pro in our family--I'll pass on the nice words to him!
Amy--I almost didn't go to the zoo because it was spring break--but we got lucky and went on Tuesday morning--and FROZE, but there were no huge crowds, so it was worth it.
So glad you all know about Martin Nature park--it's the best!! The kids are already asking when we will go again. I love it!