Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jodee's 'Nadia' meet

Jodee competed in a HUGE meet this past weekend, the Nadia Comaneci Invitational.  It was at the Cox Convention Center in OKC, and hosted by the Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy.  It was SO exciting!  I was more nervous than she was....go figure!
She did great!  9.0 on Vault, 8.05 on Bars (which I was judging!  It's hard to judge your own child!), 8.05 on Beam, and 8.65 on Floor.  She made a high enough all-around score to be able to compete in Sectionals at the end of March!! Way to go Jodee!
Here she is in front of the big sign inside:


Here is her all-around medal--signed by Nadia Comaneci:




And, her she is with the amazing Nadia:


How cool!! I am so glad she got to be a part of such a fun gymnastics meet.  I don't think the kids understand how famous Bart and Nadia are....but I remember when I was little, writing to her fan club and receiving a postcard with her autograph on it!  I just thought that was neat....little did I know that 20 something years later we would meet her, much less chat with her and Bart, and play with their kid!!  SO FUN!


4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Way to go Jodee! Sounds like you all had a great time!

Alyssa said...

So cool. Wait to go Jodee!

Kayla said...

When I competed at that meet, we never got her autograph or picture. Darn! I did write to Shannon Miller and received an autograph picture/letter though. So fun. Her video was great! Can I hire your hubby!!?

The Davidsons said...

So cool! Jodee looks so cute!