Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Nadia Comaneci Invitational

This past weekend was SO much fun! (Oh, and tiring!) The Bart Conner Gymnastics Academy has a "Nadia" meet every year, but it's usually small, and held at their gym. This year, they went all out! They held it at the Cox Communications building in downtown OKC, and it was a 3 day event. Yes, I judged 3 days in a row! It made for a great paycheck...and lots of gymnastics.

Saturday night, they had an international elite meet. There were girls there from Romania, Ukraine, Israel, Mexico, and Russia. The floor gold medal winner from the olympics competed too! I was able to get Jodee and myself in, and we had a great time! She got a little tired of it after a few hours...and wondered why they were all doing the same things. Ha ha....made me laugh! They really were doing some amazing gymnastics, and I promise it wasn't all the same.


The pictures I took turned out blurry, of course, but you get the idea:

3 comments:

The Best Family said...

sounds cool!! Little Jodee looks way too grown up with her haircut!! so CUTE!

DeeDee said...

very exciting!!!

kj said...

Sweet!!!