Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

I had a great surprise awaiting my when we went outside for the parade on the 4th....my new swing!! Josh surprised me with an early birthday present that morning--something I've been wanting for a LONG time, and it's perfect!! Here are the kids and myself chilling on it in the backyard: And, for those who are wondering, I'm officially in my 30's now...I'm 31!! I didn't consider being 30 as "in my 30's", so I guess I am now!

Here is the fam waiting for the parade to start: (notice how happy they are here...an hour and a half later they were sweaty and miserable and wanting to go home...so we did! It was fun though.)

This is at 10 pm, after a day full of eating, outside games, swimming, trampoline jumping, and running around with my whole family:

They were worn out!! The picture below is Dustin holding a sparkler--not sure if you can actually see him or not, but he's there! Dylan was wiped out and in bed by this time, and Jodee just watched (I think she was about to fall asleep too!). We had a great day with my family. We celebrated all of the summer birthdays (adult birthdays), there are 6 in all, and had "Family Olympics", complete with awards and all. It was SO much fun!

I have more pics to post from the weekend, but I'll leave you with that for now. Oh, and think about me this week, my oldest baby is in Texas without me!!! Dustin is spending the week with his cousin Micah this week--and they are having FUN! I miss him!

2 comments:

The Best Family said...

He is having a BLAST!! But I know it is hard to have him so far away! I have some sprakler pics os him, too, that I need to send you!
Only a few more days til you see him again! Thanks for sharing him w/ us! I am amazed at how much he reminds me of my big brother! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mom - I am having a good time in Texas. Me and Micah played the "Bryson catch" and we played the playstation and we went swimming and we went to the lake. And we saw Speed Racer.
Thanks for letting me come to Micah's house. See you soon. I love you!
Dustin