Monday, October 5, 2009

3's company

Last Friday night, I had Jodee and Dylan all to myself! Josh and Dustin were on the 4th-6th grade retreat (which Josh was the director of--I'm so proud!!) with our church. So, the 2 little ones, yes, I still call them little, and I had the house to ourselves. So, what do you do when 2 family members are gone? Have a sleepover in the living room, of course! And make cupcakes. And popcorn. And rent a movie, such as 'Monsters vs. Aliens'.
Here they are--they did all the work on the cupcakes---until the decorating part. While I decorated, they chilled on the air mattress with popcorn and a movie. I spy a sleeping puppy in the picture below. Can you find him?
I surprised the kiddos with these cupcakes:

They loved them!
I kept them up so late and we had so much fun, that this picture shows how they were sleeping sometime after 11 pm that night. Yes, Dylan is completely falling off of the couch!!! They are sacked out!
We made the trip to Lariat Creek Christian Camp the next morning. Stay tuned...my next post will be the retreat. It was a hit with everyone that went. Good job, Josh!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Dylan totally dressed himself for bed that night--I am cracking up at the really mismatched pjs!!

jimmy, marisa, jadeyn and brynlee said...

i LOVE this! this is exactly the kind of stuff i'm so looking forward to. you're so much fun! and i'm loving the new layout and that sweet picture of all 3.

Karen said...

I love this! Looks like you guys had a great time!
And I LOVE that new picture at the top of your blog! It's beautiful!

Kayla said...

That pic at the top is amazing! How in the world did Dylan get like that and not wake up!?

Marilyn said...

I love the new picture at the top of your blog - such a beautiful pic of your kids!

Heather said...

Thanks for all of the comments!! The picture was one I took at Hafer park last week. I thought it turned out pretty nice, too!! Thanks everyone!